Prepaid Booths - Convenient Conveyance
To help tourists, there are several Traffic Prepaid Booths at important places/locations. These Prepaid booths are operated under the direct control of Delhi Traffic Police and prevents incidences of over-charging, refusal, misbehavior or harassment by the Taxi/TSR drivers.
Taxis are presently operating from 3 booths:
- Domestic Airports
- International Airports
- New Delhi Railway Station
Duly signed receipt indicating the Taxi number, destination, Service Charges, baggage charges (if any) and the fare is given to the passengers. Don't settle for anything other than the receipt. Rs. 2/- and 5/- for TSRs and Rs. 10/- for taxis are charged for the services.
This system is purely optional for passengers.
However, there are sufficient numbers of Auto Prepaid Booths also, in select locations. People can find these booths:
- At Hospitals - A.I.I.M.S (Two Booths), R.M.L Hospital, Safdarjung Hospital, Hindu Rao Hospital
- At Railway Stations - Sarai Rohilla Railway Station, New Delhi Railway Station (Both Sides), Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station, Old Delhi Railway Station
- At Bus Terminals - Nehru Place, Ashok Vihar, Dhaula Kuan, I.S.B.T. Kashmere Gate, I.S.B.T. Anand Vihar, ISBT Sarai Kale Khan, Mukarba Chowk
- At Markets - PVR Saket, Vasant Vihar (Priya Cinema), Sarojini Nagar Market, South Extension, Lajpat Nagar, Palika Market, Janpath, Appu Ghar, Sangam Cinema-R.K.Puram, I.T.O. (Two Booths)
- At Airport - Palam Airport, IGI Airport Terminal-II), IGI Airport (Terminal-III)
If commuters have any problem with a taxi driver, they can SMS at 6767 for any complaint regarding misbehavior, over-charging or refusal by TSR/Taxi drivers.