Guest's picture

General

Listed in: Page
Beware dealing with Delhi Haat - cheated Tourist
Submitted by serge on Sun, 20/12/2009 - 18:14

I want to warn tourists about purchasing gold items from Delhi Haat Craft Cottage INdustries, located at 95 Shamboo Dayal Bagh, Old Ishwar Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi-110020, Telephone 011-42648384. I purchased a Ruby necklack with ring and wrist bangles and I was told that it was 18K gold. I definitely got the salesperson to confirm to me that it was 18K gold. On the certificate, I had to ask him to write 18K but he said it wasn't necessary as 18K was standard in the country. When I returned to Dubai, my wife coincidentally had to visit our jeweller and that's when we learned that we have been fooled because nothing was real gold but only gold plated. We were introduced to Delhi Haat by a Tuq Tuq driver operating under the name of Helly Belly Tour & Travels. His name was Sanjeev Syal. I will not sleep until I make sure that the entire internet community becomes aware of this shop. I understand the saying: " Caveat emptor" meaning buyer beware. But I would not have expected that from such a large Shop. Therefore, to all be careful.

My name is Serge Brouillet and I can be contacted anytime by emailing me at serge@ad-vice.com or call Dubai 971 55-953 2064

Categories: General
Your rating: None Average: 3.3 (3 votes)

Guest wrote Women stay away from this HELL HOLE at 08:16:39 AM on February 18, 2013

DisgustedWoman's picture

I was taken to Delhi Haat a couple of days ago by my tour guide when I was doing a half day tour before heading to the airport to fly home.
They tried to sell me a sari even though I made it very clear that I would not be buying one. They still insisted that they put one on me, a man that calls himself 'A' came and took over from the man that was showing me the sari's and then put another one on me. I was fully dressed in jeans, a long sleeved top and sneakers. This man 'A' kept referring to my breasts and while fitting a sari on me, pointed at my top and asked "can I?" I assumed that he wanted to adjust my collar, what he did next is of utmost disgust! He pulled my top forward and put his hand down my top and grabbed my breast! I couldn't believe what had just happened! He then grabbed my other breast and I was in shock! I said "No! No! No!" And pushed his hands away from me and he just started saying "it's ok" while trying to grab my breasts again! I was so disgusted! I had been molested on my last day in India! After that I didn't want to continue with the tour anymore and went straight to the airport!
I had spent a whole month in India volunteering at an orphanage and having a great time in Punjab. This short trip to Delhi Haat, ruined my last few hours left in India.
Stay away from this hell hole!

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Guest wrote Women stay away from this HELL HOLE at 08:14:46 AM on February 18, 2013

DisgustedWoman's picture

I was taken to Delhi Haat a couple of days ago by my tour guide when I was doing a half day tour before heading to the airport to fly home.
They tried to sell me a sari even though I made it very clear that I would not be buying one. They still insisted that they put one on me, a man that calls himself 'A' came and took over from the man that was showing me the sari's and then put another one on me. I was fully dressed in jeans, a long sleeved top and sneakers. This man 'A' kept referring to my breasts and while fitting a sari on me, pointed at my top and asked "can I?" I assumed that he wanted to adjust my collar, what he did next is of utmost disgust! He pulled my top forward and put his hand down my top and grabbed my breast! I couldn't believe what had just happened! He then grabbed my other breast and I was in shock! I said "No! No! No!" And pushed his hands away from me and he just started saying "it's ok" while trying to grab my breasts again! I was so disgusted! I had been molested on my last day in India! After that I didn't want to continue with the tour anymore and went straight to the airport!
I had spent a whole month in India volunteering at an orphanage and having a great time in Punjab. This short trip to Delhi Haat, ruined my last few hours left in India.
Stay away from this hell hole!!!

Guest wrote part delivery of items after taking full amount at 07:13:15 PM on May 25, 2012

Guest's picture

I visited delhi haat, 94,old ishwar Nagar, near lotus temple , delhi on 23-03-2012 and selected a Tea set (rs.2500/-) & suite pieces - cotton 3 nos. (rs. 1350/-) and paid 2000/- as advance and asked them to send by vpp.
I received the parcel after paying balance of rs. 1850+50 extra. But when i opened the parcel at home, the 2nd item was not existing.
when i contacted over phone, they said to give a written complaint. I immediately sent the complaint through regd. post. but till now, when ever i contact them, the reply is they are verifying..it will take some more time. I have lost 1350/- .
do not believe these people. I am fud up of calling them , iam writing this for public.

Average: 5 (2 votes)

Guest wrote part delivery of items after taking full amount at 07:12:28 PM on May 25, 2012

Guest's picture

I visited delhi haat, 94,old ishwar Nagar, near lotus temple , delhi on 23-03-2012 and selected a Tea set (rs.2500/-) & suite pieces - cotton 3 nos. (rs. 1350/-) and paid 2000/- as advance and asked them to send by vpp.
I received the parcel after paying balance of rs. 1850+50 extra. But when i opened the parcel at home, the 2nd item was not existing.
when i contacted over phone, they said to give a written complaint. I immediately sent the complaint through regd. post. but till now, when ever i contact them, the reply is they are verifying..it will take some more time. I have lost 1350/- .
do not believe these people. I am fud up of calling them , iam writing this for public.

Guest wrote BEWARE; Delhi Haat Cottage Industries jewelry shop at 06:08:03 PM on March 15, 2012

Phyllis Green's picture

Ditto to above. Stay away from this place. These guys are cheats. We purchased "rubies" that we were assured were natural stones that turned out to be fakes, according tour appraiser in the United States. The phone numbers on their receipts are phony.

Guest wrote BEWARE; Delhi Haat Cottage Industries jewelry shop at 06:07:35 PM on March 15, 2012

Phyllis Green's picture

Ditto to above. Stay away from this place. These guys are cheats. We purchased "rubies" that we were assured were natural stones that turned out to be fakes, according tour appraiser in the United States. The phone numbers on their receipts are phony.

Guest wrote Jewelry shop at Delhi Haat Cottage Industries at 02:45:09 PM on March 8, 2012

Phyllis Green's picture

STAY AWAY FROM JEWELLER AT DELHI HAAT COTTAGE INDUSTRIES, Okla, New Delhi near the Lotus Temple. In December 2011 we were sold five stones that we were assured were high quality rubies. Our appraiser in Los Angeles determined that these are fakes, pure synthetic! We have traveled the world and consider ourselves educated and sophisticated buyers, but the sleezy salespeople here really pulled one over on us.

Pravin wrote Delhi Craft Cottage Industries - Beware at 06:52:21 PM on December 13, 2011

Pravin's picture

These people are located Khasra No.264, Westend Marg, Saidulajab, New Delhi - 110030. email: delhicraftcottageindustries@gmail.com

We paid a (scheduled) visit to their store enroute the sight-seeing tour organised by http://www.tourism-delhi.com. They promised that they would deliver the sarees purchased without any extra postal charges. They sent the same by VPP and charged me the postal charges. I couldn't refuse it since I had already paid over 50% of the order value at their store.

There was a Swedish couple along with us in the same tour. They were taken for a jolly ride. They were charged 3 silk stoles for close to Rs.4500/- each and 4 cotton scarfs for Rs.300 each.

I have bills for each of these transactions. Please beware of these kind of establishments.

Thanks

Guest wrote Delhi Craft Cottage Industries - Beware at 06:46:26 PM on December 13, 2011

Pravin's picture

These people are located Khasra No.264, Westend Marg, Saidulajab, New Delhi - 110030. email: delhicraftcottageindustries@gmail.com

We paid a (scheduled) visit to their store enroute the sight-seeing tour organised by http://www.tourism-delhi.com. They promised that they would deliver the sarees purchased without any extra postal charges. They sent the same by VPP and charged me the postal charges. I couldn't refuse it since I had already paid over 50% of the order value at their store.

There was a Swedish couple along with us in the same tour. They were taken for a jolly ride. They were charged 3 silk stoles for close to Rs.4500/- each and 4 cotton scarfs for Rs.300 each.

I have bills for each of these transactions. Please beware of these kind of establishments.

Thanks

Guest wrote Beware of Delhi hatt craft cottage industries at 07:28:46 AM on March 24, 2010

Guest's picture

I want to warn tourists about purchasing items from Delhi Haat Craft Cottage INdustries, located at 95 Shamboo Dayal Bagh, Old Ishwar Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi-110020, Telephone 011-42648384. i purchased one saree from there, they told it was send by VPP. but they totally cheat me. they collect money from me but still it was not despacthed. Please dont belive their words while purchase fully cheating

Guest wrote Deli Craft Cottage Industries - Beware at 06:44:47 PM on December 13, 2011

Pravin's picture

Thanks