Bharat Rang Mahotsav—BRM- was started a decade back by the National School of Drama to promote the development of the theatre movement across the country.
The festival started as a national event to present the work of some of the most creative theater personalities in the country. Over the time, it has grown into an International festival and hosts theater companies from across the world.
Bharat Rang Mahotsav is now regarded as the largest theatre festival in Asia. The theatre will organize over 60 performances across 7 locations in the capital and present the best talent from India and abroad. It is a much-awaited event for the theatre lovers in the capital and runs into packed houses.
Besides the national and the international presentations, BRM will also organize exhibitions, interactive sessions between the audiences and the Indian and foreign theater personalities.
Dates: 8th to 19th January 2009
- Venues :
- Bahumukh, Abhimanch & Sammukh Auditoriums, National School of Drama ( NSD ), Bahawalpur House , 1 Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi-110001
- Shri Ram Centre ( SRC ), 4, Safdar Hashmi Marg, Mandi House, New Delhi-110001
- Kamani Auditorium, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, New Delhi-110001
- The Little Theatre Group Auditorium ( LTG ), Next to Kamani Auditorium, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, New Delhi-110001
- Meghdoot Open Air, Rabindra Bhavan, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, New Delhi-110001
- Nearest Delhi Metro Rail Station for all the Venues: Walking Distance from Mandi House Metro Station, which comes under Line 3 of the Indraprastha-Barakhamba Road-Dwarka.
- Entry Tickets:
- Tickets @ Rs. 100, Rs. 50, Rs. 30, Rs. 10 for Shri Ram Centre, Kamani and Abhimanch Plays
- Tickets @ Rs. 30 for Sammukh, Bahumukh, Open Air ( NSD ) and Meghdoot Theatre at NSD
- Available at National School of Drama from 3rd January 2009 onwards between 11 am to 4 pm and 1 hour before the shows at the venue.
- Ph. : 01123073647 Credit: NSD Website